Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 7 in Sydney - Thursday,January 23, 2014.

This is the ferry port in Circular Quay which is a hub for all transportation.




The Ferry to Watson's Bay



A view of the Opera House from the Ferry


The opera house and bridge in the background. 

My Dad recommended that we go to Doyle's for seafood. He and my mom had been there in 1969 when he took my mom to see all of the places her was during the war.They enjoyed this restaurrant. Today is my mother's birthday and she sent us beautiful weather.




Tom had the fish and chips with John Dory fish and I had mine with whiting. Both were very tasty. 

We sat outside and this was our view.

A beautiful of Watson's bay with the city in the background.

We endedour day by seeing THE BOOK THIEF. I had read the book and was anxious to see the movie. I was not disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. I called Dad to tell him about your trip to Doyle's in Watson Bay. He didn't answer so you know where he was. I will try him again and fill him in on Nine Tales Amber Ale.
    Happy Birthday to Dolly!! You both are looking GREAT!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! Thanks for "taking us along" on your adventure. It was odd to see your hospital pictures mixed in with tour and beer pictures. I guess you are able to take it all in stride. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to sample all that good food, especially the fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete